-
May 7th, 2001, 11:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I just heard about it from a co-worker but he does not remember much. My question is it comparable to the top Canons, Nizo and Buealiu sound cameras, specifically in motor noise (or lack of it), lens and etc. Thanks a lot.
-
May 8th, 2001, 02:02 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Yo
The Bauer 715xl is a fine camera, and should hold up against some other quality cameras, such as Canon, Nizo, etc, but...I think the plastic body is a turn off. If I remeber right, it has many, many, features, a nice lens, and is capable of sound.
I dont how quiet it is although.
Maybe someone else can give else therye two bits on this camera, and give you a more detailed answer than mine.
Scott
-
May 9th, 2001, 10:38 AM
#3
Inactive Member
In reality there was never a Super8 camera that was quiet enough to enable filming with the mic attached. Oh there were attempts to overcome the problem and the Nizo range was very quiet but intermittant motion mechanisms are inherrently noisy.
Long telescoping booms were some sort of answer as was very uni-directional mics, but all suffered in that mechanical coupling caused vibration to be read as bass and therefore most mics has severe bass limitations.
There is a cure though; get the mic off camera. Remember the sound man's advice: a cheap mic up close to the noise is always better than an expensive mic further away.
tom.
-
May 12th, 2001, 09:44 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I had a Bauer 715 for a short while about 10 years ago and it was really an outstanding camera definitely on par with a Canon 1014 XLS... Sometimes you can get them pretty cheap on eBay... Bauer also made them for some company called PORST (I think) and these can almost always be gotten even cheaper than the actual Bauer itself even though it's the same damn camera...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks